Friday, November 28, 2014 ~ 5 - 8 p.m.
The Holiday Stroll is a cherished tradition which kicks off the holiday season in Whitefish Bay on the Friday following Thanksgiving. Hosted by the Whitefish Bay Business Improvement District, the Holiday Stroll is an event for the whole community and a way for the merchants to thank everyone for their support throughout the year. A family-friendly affair with a relaxed atmosphere, the Holiday Stroll is a perfect start to the season with music, refreshments and more as you revisit refined shopping with your friends and loved ones during a stroll along Silver Spring Drive this holiday season!
The seasonal celebration featured our cherished parade, which includes Whitefish Bay's very own (and the Brewers' beloved mascot) Hank T. Dog as our parade grand marshal this year! The parade celebrates the joy of the season as well as celebrating our great community. We have music, Dancing Grannies, racing sausages, Alaskan Malamutes, scout troops, media, and so much more... including Santa himself, in his sleigh pulled by Cupid and Vixen. It's an evening not to miss!
After the parade, there are plenty of family-friendly activities,including scenes from The Nutcracker performed live in store window, a tree lighting ceremony at Sendik's Food Market and free entertainment, including dance performances, pony and train rides, meet and greet with sled dogs, and a visit with Santa at BMO Harris Bank!
- Tree Lighting at ~ 7pm after the parade at Sendik's Food Market
- Holiday DJ music and a live dance performance by Bella Via Dance Studio.
- Milwaukee Ballet scenes (sponsored by Mathnasium, Wagner Pediatric Dentistry and Breadsmith) in store windows:
- Wagner Pediatric Dentistry,
- Dan Fitzgerald Pharmacy,
- Gallery 505, and
- New Options Salon & Boutique.
- Visits with Santa at BMO Harris Bank after the parade. Also live music provided by a Whitefish Bay High School string quartet.
- Open Houses at stores along Silver Spring Drive
- Pony rides on the east end of Silver Spring Drive after the parade.
- Train rides by the Fox Bay Building sponsored by Elements Massage.
- Meet and Greet with the Door County Sled Dogs, sponsored by Susan Fredman at Home. The dogs will be stationed on Berkeley Boulevard after the parade adjacent to Susan Fredman at Home's beautiful store.
Discover shopping specials and conveniently cross things off your holiday list over incredible treats throughout the day and into the evening as shops extend their hours. Some shops are even extending their specials over the weekend in honor of Small Business Saturday. Check back soon... we've been adding specials regularly.
For those of you already planning your holiday shopping, we already have some great deals posted below!
- Breadsmith - Stop in to sample a variety of our breads and sweets, and receive a FREE daily loaf with the purchase of $20 or more in Breadsmith gift cards.
- Cutting Group - Black Friday special: Buy one gift card, get one free!
Dan Fitzgerald Pharmacy - Buy 1 Dan Fitzgerald Pharmacy private label item and get the 2nd of equal or lesser value 50% off. Free Shop Small tote bag with qualifying purchase of $10.00 or more while supplies last on Shop Small Business Saturday November 29th.
- Elements Massage - Member Appreciation Night & Holiday Open House: Join us for free chair massage, festive food, drinks and holiday cheer 5-8 pm Friday. Members buy two 55 minute massage gift cards for $99. Others FREE $20 gift card with each $100 gift card purchased. Sale good Nov. 28 - Dec 1, 2014.
- Grace & Shelly's Cupcakes - FREE cupcake with $20 gift card purchases, 25% off merchandise with cupcake purchase, ice cream specials, $1 fresh baked cookies and more!!
Great Clips - Purchase five $9.99 Great Cards and you can use one of them for a Hair Cut the day of purchase. Free Hair Cut with a $50 Gift Card purchase.
Gallery 505 & The Great Frame Up - Warm up with refreshments & cookies while viewing our art. We also will have LIVE music.
Hounds Around Town - Get 1 Free 8 oz. Bag Fromm Dog Treats with a $30.00 non food purchase. Limit 1 per customer, while supplies last. Also, free shopper totes on Small Business Saturday, while supplies last.
Massage Envy - Buy a $100 gift card receive a certificate for free 1/2 hour massage. Get glowing skin for the holidays with specials on our amazing Murad products and facials.
New Options Salon & Boutique - Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Specials: Get a FREE gift card worth 10% of any gift card purchase of $100 or more. Take 20% off all regular price salon products & boutique merchandise. Take $10 off any manicure / pedicure duo booked on Fri or Sat. Try VinyLux polish, it dries in 8 minutes, to get back to your holiday power shopping faster!
Penzeys Spices - Complimentary mulled apple cider and FREE jar of spices for Holiday Stroll customers 5-8pm Friday.
Placesetters - 20% off of ornaments and music boxes Friday. Saturday, music boxes and jewelry 20% off.
RedCap Luggage & Gifts - In addition to many in-store sales: Select Tumi 40% off, Briggs & Riley save $50 for every $350 B&R purchase, Multi-Pocket Leather Duffels Reg $285 now $169, Jewelry boxes 15% off, Triple section Leather flap brief Reg $340 now $199. There are too many specials to list! See store for details.
Refresh Aesthetic Center - Stop in for a hot coffee, tea or cocoa! Latisse specials, 20% off skin care/makeup & a gift with $100+ gift card purchase!
Susan Fredman at Home - Visit the Door County Sled dogs on Berkeley Boulevard after the parade! Also, free shopper totes on Small Business Saturday, while supplies last.
Thiet Jewelers - Save 25% on all in-stock merchandise (except Estate & Nambé). Also, free shopper totes on Small Business Saturday, while supplies last.
Winkie’s Toys & Variety - Our Biggest Toy Sale of the year going on till the end of November. Night of Holiday Stroll The Caribbean Eclipse Steel Drum Band will be performing in Winkie’s Lower Level after the Parade.
~~ Offers subject to change ~~
Holiday Stroll Sponsors
Many, many thanks to all who make great events like the Holiday Stroll possible. It really does take a village... from the people in the parade, the businesses hosting open houses and a holiday extravaganza, the village public works department that makes our street look so great, to the many families that come out to enjoy the festivities.
Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation
New Options Salon, Spa & Boutique