April 20 - 28, 2012
Eco-Week is Silver Spring Drive's newest event!
Centered on Earth Day, this week-long event invites guests to discover local, healthy, green, and earth-friendly products or services within the shops along Silver Spring Drive in Whitefish Bay. Shoppers are invited to visit establishments throughout the week as they showcase their sustainable wares and offer impressive products and in-store promotions.
Some highlights include the following:
- Associated Bank: A Wisconsin-based bank for 150 years supports local communities and organizations and is dedicated to partnering with local businesses. Stop in to see our business of the month!
- City Market: Stop in April 23, 2012 5-8 p.m. to celebrate World Book Night. Local book givers will be giving out FREE books: History of Love by Nicole Krauss and My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, while supplies last.
- Dan Fitzgerald Pharmacy: Buy 2 and 1 FREE! Chico-Bag the reusable bag that fits in your pocket! Buy one pair of eco-friendly Dr. Comfort Bamboo Charcoal compression and non-compression socks and get the second pair 20% off!
- Fitness Together: Donate your old sneakers to benefit Nike's Reuse-a-Shoe Program
- The Great Frame Up of Whitefish Bay: Offering certified forest-friendly framing options by Larson-Juhl, a worldwide leader in framing products which utilizes eco-conscious, environmentally-friendly materials with efficient technologies & production, manufacturing & distributing with American roots dating back to 1893.
- Honquest Furniture for Living: Offering wonderful eco friendly furniture options. Shifman handmade, natural mattresses. Create beautiful sofas, chair, etc. that are fabricated with eco friendly frames, cushions and fabrics. Honquest has eco conscious options for the floor as well. Stop in and learn more from one of our talented staff designers.
- Indulge Studios: Join us in supporting local businesses as you shop local and earth-friendly products including luxurious Votivo soy candles & jewelry by local artists or relax with a pedicure in a footspa by Continuum of Hartford, WI.
- James Hoffman Homes has just begun the restoration of a 1941 English Country home at 4850 N. Lake Drive. Eco-Restoration to the max as we save this classic home in need of a complete makeover. Follow us as we literally lift the stone home up and rebuild the foundation. New pipes and wires. New Kitchen, Garage, Master Bedroom and Family Room. When complete, this proud classic will live on for another 70 years!
Just Kidding: Featuring Fairy Tales Hair Care, all natural organic hair care products for kids (including lice repellent!) as well as an assortment of natural & locally made gifts and accessories, including Ornamental Turtle candles & hair accessories handmade in Pewaukee.
- Minoan Intimate Apparel: Experience a wide array of luxurious lingerie and fine fabrics from natural fibers, including organic cotton, silk, & wool, as well as unique local and artisan made wares, including hand-sewn scarves custom made in Ethiopia and Hanky Panky, proudly made in the USA since 1977.
- New Options Salon & Boutique: Save on our naturally-derived and botanically-based skin-care & cosmetics with 20% off AVEDA and BIOELEMENTS.
- Placesetters: Unique hand-crafted items made by small family-owned businesses in the USA using repurposed materials, including socks, hats & scarves from recycled T-shirts, high tech timepieces featuring discarded computer parts, and a wide assortment of gifts. 20% off select items!
- PNC Bank: Join us for complimentary refreshments on Saturday, April 28 to Help Your Child’s Garden Grow, where parents and their children learn to sow the seeds of their children's financial future through the introduction to the 'S' is for Savings program that supports PNC's commitment to early childhood and financial education. Enter-to-win gardening kits & take home an activity kit in which children pot their own plant and watch it grow.
- Realty Executives Integrity: Visit real estate professionals who are committed to community involvement, proud to support the local community & schools, and dedicated to promoting local home sales & sign up to volunteer for Green Day in the Bay.
- RedCap Luggage & Gifts: Shop our unique our products made of recycled materials! We have GreenSmart computer cases, made of recycled Neogreene fabric to protect your computer and the environment, GoToobs food-safe (FDA) and 100% BPA- and PC-free airplane carry-on approved containers, and Sherpani handbags, luggage, and messenger bags made of recycled water bottles. Save up to 40% on your entire purchase now
(our Annual Balloon Sale, going on now, excludes only previously sale-priced items).
- Ruhama’s Yarn & Needlepoint: Find an abundant selection of fibers produced from natural materials, including fine yarns from organic cotton, alpaca, wool, silk, bamboo, hemp, soy silk, milk, & qiviut. Ruhama’s is proud to support the community with regular knitting groups.
- Shabahang Persian Carpets: Join us in celebrating 30 years as a green-conscious company & enjoy the beauty of rugs handmade from all natural cotton, silk, & wool with natural dyes.
- Simon Oliver: Discover the beauty of luxurious American-made wool menswear by Ramblers Way Farm, which is entirely sourced and produced domestically by Tom & Kate Chappell, the founders of Tom’s of Maine, as they foster local partnerships, support entrepreneurs, and conduct business with minimal environmental impact.
- Stone Creek Coffee: If you have been thinking of going green with a re-usable mug, now is definitely the time - save 10% on all travel mugs April 21 & 22. Keep right on saving 365 days a year as you receive $0.15 off any drink purchase anytime you use a travel mug. Also available anytime - coffee grounds for composting can be picked-up outside the café. Ask your barista for info on re-using spent coffee grounds in your flower and vegetable gardens.
- Susan Fredman at Home: Style & sustainability go hand-in-hand with our distinctive collection of nature-inspired home décor & contemporary furniture, along with reclaimed tabletop items, glassware, eco-chic accessories, and recycled gifts, all curated with the eye of an interior designer.
- Thiet Jewelers: Find incredible values on unique & antique jewelry in our Estate & second-hand collection. Family owned & operated for three generations, Thiet has served Whitefish Bay since 1947 and proudly supports local community organizations.
- Think Toys: Award-winning toys that are eco-friendly and made in the USA, including toys from plant-based materials by Begin Again (Fort Collins, CO), BrikStix reusable clings & stickers (Hartland, WI), and Green Toys made from 100% recycled plastic (Mill Valley, CA).
- Three Wishes: Shop impressive eco-friendly & locally-made products from quality companies, including fine stationery & invitations made in America of 100% cotton for 7 generations by Crane Paper Company and Artisan serveware & home accessories made of recycled aluminum to last a lifetime & age flawlessly by Mariposa.
- Winkie’s Hallmark: Reduce waste, conserve resources, and maintain your sense of style as you shop our unique selection of fashion lunch totes.
- Winkie’s Toys & Variety: Discover eco-friendly & local toys (like UnBlocks), enter our Spooner Board Raffle to win a fun way for ages 3 & up to improve core strength, balance, & gross motor skills (made in the USA), and pick up a free PlanToys Activity Book from the award-winning company producing environmentally-certified toys from recycled natural materials without chemicals or toxins. Come play with our PlanToys doll house or train town anytime!
Interested in local, eco-friendly volunteer opportunities?
Stop by PNC Bank or Realty Executives to sign up to volunteer for Green Day in the Bay (May 5) or the Whitefish Bay Farmers Market (Saturday mornings starting July 28)!
Join in the fun and discover the green scene on Silver Spring Drive this spring!